Attention mushroom lovers: here’s a low-carb and keto mushroom soup that you’ll want to make again and again. This soup is deliciously creamy and savory – thanks to Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, which makes it taste divine.
This soup is about 5 net carbs and takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish. The soup is a perfect accompaniment to any lunch or dinner entree. It’s also great as a make-ahead dish since it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 12 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon or more of salt; ground pepper to taste
- Cook mushrooms and onions: In a medium to large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 4 or 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove ¼ cup or less of mushrooms as toppings for soup later.
- Make soup: Add salt, pepper, thyme to mixture and stir together. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Pour soup into blender (you may need to do in two batches to prevent overfilling) and puree to a consistency you prefer (I prefer smooth to tiny chunks). Return soup to saucepan and add heavy cream and Boursin Cheese and stir until dissolved.
- Serve: Top soup with reserved mushrooms and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 238.8Total Fat 22.2gSaturated Fat 40.9gCholesterol 58.8mgSodium 403.3mgCarbohydrates 8.4gNet Carbohydrates 5.8gFiber 2.5gSugar 3.8gProtein 4.7g