You'll love this low-carb and keto Mediterranean tuna salad recipe, adapted from Melissa Clark at The New York Times (Tuna With Capers, Olives and Lemon).
It’s a refreshing alternative to tuna salad with mayonnaise, and it’s perfect for those who may dislike mayonnaise. The savory flavor of this delicious tuna salad comes alive with capers, garlic, red onion, and olive oil.
There are many ways to customize this recipe – such as adding jalapenos, fresh herbs, etc. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 6 to 8 ounces SafeCatch Tuna
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small garlic glove minced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ tablespoon capers drained
- ½ tablespoon of juice from a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make the salad: After draining tuna, break it into smaller chunks. Combine the tuna, olive oil, garlic, red onion, capers and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish and serve: Serve alone or in butter lettuce with preferred toppings (such as tomatoes, pickles, cheese, etc.).