This yummy, 15-minute low-carb and keto recipe checks all the boxes for us. It's easy, fast, and tastes as delicious as a salad you'd order at a favorite restaurant. And since each serving includes a full head of romaine lettuce and half pound of shrimp, it hits the spot.
So what makes this recipe so yummy and quick? Broiling the romaine lettuce is similar to grilling since it creates a beautiful char that softens the center and caramelizes the leaves. The shrimp, which is broiled for less than five minutes, is lightly dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and red chili flakes for a little kick.
We simply pair the salad with our favorite store-bought Caesar dressing and fresh shaved parmesan. It's absolutely delicious!
This easy weeknight keto recipe is just 2.8 net carbs per serving.
15-Minute Broiled Romaine and Shrimp Caesar Salad
- 1 pound medium-size raw shrimp peeled, deveined and tail-on, thawed
- 2 heads romaine lettuce rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup store-bought Caesar salad dressing
- ¼ cup parmesan shaved
- Broil romaine lettuce: Preheat broiler to high. Adjust oven rack 6 inches from heating element. Remove any damaged, outer romaine lettuce leaves. Cut each romaine head in half. On a rimmed baking sheet, evenly coat romaine halves with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil halves, cut side up, until they begin to char, about 1 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from oven and flip halves to char back sides, about 1 to 3 minutes longer.
- Broil shrimp: On a separate rimmed baking sheet, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper (to season). Broil shrimp, flipping once, until done, about 4 minutes.
- Finish salad: Place two romaine halves on each plate. Top each plate with ½ pound shrimp, 2 tablespoons Caesar dressing, and ⅛ cup shaved parmesan (or as desired). Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment