This sweet and tangy keto poppy seed dressing is so easy to make, uses a handful of ingredients, and can be paired with a variety salads.
We love making this keto poppy seed salad dressing for one of our favorite summer salads: keto strawberry salad. It's a sweet and tangy salad dressing that tastes delicious when paired with salads that include fruit.
This keto poppy seed dressing is adapted from my mom's recipe, which is a creamy dressing made with mayonnaise and heavy cream (among other ingredients). We prefer a cream-based poppy seed dressing, but you can make it with oil as well. For sweetening the dressing, we use erythritol, but you can use another alternative sweetener if you like.
You can serve this dressing over most simple salads or even use in a coleslaw. It's ideal whenever you're in the mood for a sweeter salad dressing.
Just a few notes on key ingredients:
- Heavy cream: Since this is a cream-based dressing, we use heavy cream.
- Mayonnaise: We typically use Sir Kensington's or Hellmann's mayonnaise, but you can use your favorite sugar-free mayonnaise.
- White vinegar: For the tangy flavor, we \use white vinegar. However, you could substitute white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or champagne vinegar if you prefer.
- Erythritol: We use Swerve granular, but you can use your favorite alternative sweetener. You can make it more or less sweeter depending on your preference.
- Poppy seeds: Poppy seeds are a must and for a half tablespoon the net carbs are only 0.4 grams.
How To Make
STEP 1: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy and no clumps exist.
STEP 2: Drizzle over salad or store in fridge in a covered container until ready to serve.
You can store this dressing in the the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days. Stir well before using.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag @lowcarbsimplified on your photo of this recipe on Instagram or Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Keto Poppy Seed Dressing
- ½ cup Sir Kensington's Classic Mayonnaise, or other sugar-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon erythritol (we use Swerve Granular)
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- Combine ingredients: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy and no clumps exist.
- Serve: Drizzle over salad or store in fridge in a covered container until ready to serve.
Leave a Comment