How can you beat a low-carb pita pizza that takes just 5 minutes to make and is only 6 net carbs? Plus, these little pita pizzas are pretty darn tasty!
Consider this post more of a recommendation than a true recipe. That’s because pita pizzas are so simple, and you can make them however you like.
When making low-carb or keto pita pizzas, it's all about using the right ingredients. We use Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat MINI Pitas since they're low in carbs (5 net carbs per pita) and taste delicious. And for the sauce, we use our favorite low-carb pasta sauce: Rao's Arrabbiata Sauce.
In this recipe, we use just 4 ingredients: Joseph's mini pita bread, Rao’s Arrabbiata pasta sauce, grated mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. But, you can change it up however you like: you can top with fresh herbs, sliced veggies, prosciutto, or a variety of cheeses. It's up to you!
These quick, low-carb mini pita pizzas are great with lunch or dinner or as a snack.
Just a few note on key ingredients:
- Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat MINI Pita Bread: We use Joseph's mini pitas since they taste delicious and are low in carbs (just 5 net carbs per pita). To get the most from a pita, we typically make two mini pizzas with just one pita by simply slicing it in half and using each half for a mini pizza. When you do that, then each mini pizza is only 3 net carbs. Since the pitas are thinner, you need to be careful as they tend to tear easily. Joseph's mini pitas are sometimes sold at local grocers, but you can order from several online sources including Walmart, Amazon or directly from Joseph’s Bakery.
- Rao's Arrabbiata Sauce: We recommend Rao's Arrabbiata Sauce since it's one the best low-carb sauces out there (in terms of carbs, taste and clean ingredients). Arrabbiata sauce is spicier than marinara, but it adds a nice kick to the pizza. Don't worry, it doesn't make it too spicy. You may use another low-carb arrabbiata or marinara sauce if you prefer. Just be sure to check the net carbs as different brands and flavors may have more carbs.
How to Make
STEP 1: Heat an oven, toaster oven or air-fryer to 400 degrees F. Or, you may broil on low (just be sure to keep an on it, so it doesn't burn). You can either use a whole pita for one pita pizza or slice one in half for two pita pizzas (be careful as the pitas are thin!). Next, spread a tablespoon of Rao's pasta sauce on top.
STEP 2: Then, sprinkle ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella on top.
STEP 3: Add 3 to 5 pepperoni slices and/or other preferred toppings. Other low-carb and keto toppings may include fresh herbs, prosciutto, bacon, sliced mushrooms, onions, or jalapeños. You can get as creative as you want with toppings!
STEP 4: Place in oven or air fryer and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Or, you may broil in the oven for a few minutes. We typically don't place on tinfoil since we like a crispier crust. However, if you're slicing the pita in half, you may want to use tinfoil in case the pita happens to tear. You may also crisp the pita bread beforehand by brushing the pita with a little olive oil and placing in a heated oven or broiler for a minute or so.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag @lowcarbsimplified on your photo of this recipe on Instagram or Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
5-Minute, Low Carb Pita Pizza
- 1. Get started: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Or, you may broil on low for a few minutes or heat in an air fryer at 400 degrees F.
2. Prepare pita pizza: You can either use a whole pita for one pita pizza or slice one in half for two pita pizzas (be careful as the pitas are thin!). Next, spread a tablespoon of Rao's pasta sauce on top. Sprinkle ¼ cup grated mozzarella and top with 3 to 5 pepperoni slices.
3. Bake and serve: Place pita pizza on tinfoil (or directly on oven grate if not too delicate) and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove and cut into slices.