Here is another easy and delicious weeknight sheet pan dinner -- this low-carb and keto sheet pan spaghetti zoodles with sausage. If you ask us, this is one of the simplest ways to prepare spaghetti zoodles since you don't need to "sweat" the zoodles (draining the zoodles of excess water before cooking so they don't become soggy) before popping in the oven along with the sliced sausage.
In this recipe, we use our favorite pasta sauce, Rao's Arrabbiata Sauce, along with Aidell's Andouille Sausage (Cajun Style) to give the zoodle spaghetti a nice, spicy kick. However, you can change it up by using an alternative flavor of sauce or sausage.
Once in the oven, this sheet pan spaghetti zoodles and sausage takes just 15 minutes. And like most sheet pan dinners, clean-up is easy peasy. One serving is 8 net carbs.
This sheet pan is composed of just 6 ingredients: zucchini, olive oil, salt, Aidell's Andouille Sausage, Rao's Arribiatta Sauce, and grated parmesan.
We highly recommend using Rao’s pasta sauce since it’s one of the best low-carb sauces out there. It’s made with simple, high-quality ingredients and doesn’t include any added sugars or preservatives. If you prefer a sauce that isn't spicy like arrabiatta, then you can simply swap for a regular marinara sauce.
We also recommend using Aidell’s smoked sausages since they are one of the lowest carb sausages out there and are made with all natural ingredients. In this recipe, we use Aidell's Cajun-Style Andouille, but you could consider another flavor like Italian. You could even replace the sausages with Aidell's meatballs (or another brand if you prefer), but since meatballs are typically higher in carbs we opted for sausages.
How to Make
First, you'll line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Next up, you'll need to prepare is the zucchini zoodles. You can either purchase them already spiralized at the store or you can spiralize at home. If you're spiralizing at home, you'll likely need at least two zucchinis, depending on the size of the zucchinis. We use the OXO spiralizer, which makes the whole process quick and easy.
When done, spread the zoodles about to fill half the sheet pan. It's okay that the zoodles overlap as long as they are evenly spread about. Then, combine with a tablespoon of olive and oil until lightly coated and season with a little salt.
After that, you'll slice the sausages into thin slices that are about ¼- to ½- inch thick. Place the sliced sausage on the other half of the sheet pan in one even level with a little space between each.
Put the sheet pan in the oven and let cook for 10 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the oven, and combine the zoodles with a ½ cup of Rao's Arrabiatta Sauce and return the pan to the oven for 5 minutes more. Take out and sprinkle ¼ cup of grated parmesan across the zoodles and sausage. Then, plate and serve!
Other Sheet Pan Recipes You May Like
Here are other low-carb and keto sheet pan recipes you may like:
- Harissa Chicken and Cauliflower Sheet Pan: If you love chicken with a bit of a kick, then you’ll love this Harissa Chicken and Cauliflower Sheet Pan, adapted from Melissa Clark at the New York Times. It’s no surprise the original recipe ranked in the NYT Cooking‘s top 50 recipes of all time since it’s SO delicious. We adapted the recipe to reduce the carbs and simplify the recipe.
- Creole Shrimp & Sausage Sheet Pan: Spice up your weeknight dinners with this low carb and keto Creole Shrimp & Sausage Sheet Pan! It’s like Jambalaya since it contains shrimp, andouille sausage, bell pepper, tomatoes and creole seasoning. But it’s much simpler and calls for riced cauliflower instead of rice.
- Supreme Cauliflower Steak Pizzas: If you haven’t tried supreme cauliflower steak pizzas yet, you’re missing something wonderful! It’s because the roasted cauliflower steaks turn beautifully tender-crisp and the yummy pizza toppings take center stage (as they should!).
- Get started: Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare zucchini zoodles: Spiralize 10 ounces of zucchini zoodles, roughly two zucchinis, depending on size. Spread zoodles in an even level on half of the prepared sheet pan (it's okay for zoodles to overlap). Combine with one tablespoon olive oil and lightly season with salt.
- Add sausages: Slice sausages into ¼-1/2-thick slices. Place the sliced sausage on the other half of the sheet pan in one even level with a little space between each.
- Bake and serve: Put the sheet pan in the oven and let cook for 10 minutes. Then, remove pan from oven, and combine the zoodles with a ½ cup of Rao's sauce and return the pan to the oven for 5 minutes more. Take out and sprinkle ¼ cup of grated parmesan across the zoodles and sausage. Plate and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 513.2Total Fat 36.6gSaturated Fat 11.8gCholesterol 111.0mgSodium 1792.9mgCarbohydrates 10.6gNet Carbohydrates 8.6gFiber 2.0gSugar 7.7gProtein 37.5g