This easy low-carb lavash with smoked salmon and cream cheese is an easy breakfast recipe that will satisfy savory breakfast cravings!
This low-carb lavash with cream cheese and smoked salmon is the perfect substitute for a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. In fact, we think it’s just as good since the lavash toasts into a light and crispy crust, which gives it a yummy crunch. (And, that is coming from bagel lovers!)
To make the low carb smoked salmon and cream cheese lavash, simply crisp the lavash under the broiler for a minute (after brushing with a little olive oil), then smear on cream cheese, and top with smoked salmon, thinly sliced red onion, capers, or other favorite toppings — such as sliced tomato, herbs, or a squeeze of lemon. For the smoked salmon, we use hot smoked salmon since it’s nice and flaky, but cold smoked salmon or even lox is just as good.
This easy low carb breakfast only takes 5 minutes to make and it’s absolutely delicious. Each serving is just 6.5 net carbs. Enjoy!
Note on Joseph's Mini Pitas
If you haven't tried Joseph's mini pitas, you should give them a try. They are so convenient for making quick keto breakfasts or lunches. We stuff the pitas with eggs and avocado slices for breakfast, or with meat, cheese and veggies for lunch, and even turn them into yummy little pita pizzas as a snack (see our post on 5-minute pita pizzas).
Low Carb Lavash with Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
- ½ sheet Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Lavash
- 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil for brushing on lavash
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese spread
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 10 grams red onion thinly sliced (it's a little less than half an ounce)
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
- Prepare the lavash: Pre-heat broiler to high. Brush both sides of lavash with one to two teaspoons of olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and broil each side for 30 seconds (one minute total), until slightly crisp. Be careful not to burn or turn it too crispy as it will break apart.
- Finish and serve: Remove from oven and let cool. Spread cream cheese evenly across lavash and top with smoked salmon, red onion, and capers. Slice and serve.
- Note that cream cheese spread is not the same as regular cream cheese. Cream cheese spread is softer and will spread easier without breaking the crispy lavash than regular cream cheese.