Who doesn't love a delicious summer cheese plate? A low carb and keto cheese plate is so simple to make and can be served as an appetizer or light meal. It's also a great way to enjoy some of the season's fresh fruits and vegetables.
Following are tips for building a low carb summer cheese plate. Don’t forget to assess the net carbs of each item you add to keep the carb levels low. Also, don't forget to have fun with it!
- Cheese: Select at least two or more different types of cheeses. For example, you could choose cheeses with different aging processes like Brie (shorter aging time) and English Cheddar (longer aging time). Or, you could choose cheeses from different regions (like France, Spain, etc.). In our plate, we used cheese made from cow’s milk (Gouda), sheep’s milk (Roquefort), and goat’s milk (Goat Cheese).
- Meats: We recommend including two different types of meat – one pre-sliced and one that you can slice. For example, we chose pre-sliced prosciutto and hard salami. You could also consider a pre-sliced mortadella and smoked sausage.
- In-season fruits and veggies: Some current in-season and low-carb options include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cucumbers and radishes.
- Other accents: There are many different accents you can consider. We added macadamia nuts (any low-carb nut is fine), olives and Flackers seed crackers. Other possibilities include any type of low-carb dips or spreads, pickles, fresh herbs or even edible flowers.
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese
- 3 ounces Roquefort Cheese
- 2 ounces Gouda Cheese
- 4 ounces dry salami
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- ½ cup organic raspberries and blackberries (equal portions)
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- 10 Flackers seed crackers (salt and pepper)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives (optional)
- ¼ cup blueberries (optional)
Carbs for optional ingredients:
¼ cup kalamata olives: 1.98g carbs (0.88g net carbs)
¼ cup blueberries: 5.25g carbs (4.35g net carbs)
Amount Per Serving Calories 453.8Total Fat 35.3gSaturated Fat 14.0gCholesterol 85.0mgSodium 2055.1mgCarbohydrates 8.9gNet Carbohydrates 4.0gFiber 4.9gSugar 2.1gProtein 27.0g