This perfect keto stuffing -- with store-bought keto bread, mushrooms, celery, sage, thyme, sausage and lots of butter -- tastes like the real deal!
After testing and trying a TON of keto stuffing recipes, we believe this is one of the best keto stuffing recipes. But, to be fair, I'm sure most people think they're special homemade keto stuffing is the best.
So, why do we think this keto stuffing recipe is so special? Here are some reasons:
- It really tastes like true thanksgiving stuffing (well, at least the type we ate before going low-carb) -- just with less bread. To make up for less bread, we added mushrooms and sausage, which enhance the flavor and texture of the stuffing and soak up the all-too-important seasonings of sage and thyme.
- It's incredibly easy to make! First of all, you don't need to make your own keto bread for this stuffing (not unless you want to). Also, you don't need dry out the keto bread beforehand since it doesn't work as well in this quick recipe. Additionally, the recipe is only 8 ingredients and uses just one pan!
- It's quick to make -- it takes just 30 minutes or less to make!
- For a keto stuffing, it's pretty low in carbs (roughly 5 net carbs per serving). And each serving is quite large and filling, so you don't have to worry about overeating as you'll be too full!
For making this recipe, we use store-bought keto bread. Store-bought keto breads are typically around 2 to 4 net carbs per slice. We've used 2 net carbs per slice for the nutrition estimate. If you use a store-bought bread that has more than 2 net carbs per slice, simply add those additional net carbs to the total net carbs of the recipe or use fewer slices (or even none) — it still tastes just as good.
We sure hope you enjoy this keto stuffing as much as we do! Be sure to check out some of our other keto Thanksgiving recipes, including:
- Spatchcock Chicken with Thyme, Rosemary & Garlic
- Roasted Delicata Squash, Feta and Arugula Salad (Keto Friendly!)
- Boursin and Prosciutto Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Maple Pecan Cheesecake
Perfect Keto Stuffing
- 8 ounces ground pork sausage
- 12 ounces white mushrooms pre-sliced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 4 slices keto bread that is 2g net carbs per slice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to season
- Get started: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the keto bread into cubes and set aside. Dice celery.
- Prepare the stuffing: In a large skillet, cook ground sausage over medium heat until no longer pink in the middle, roughly 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove sausage from pan and set aside on plate. In the same pan with sausage fat and bits, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add diced celery and sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook until soft, roughly 8 or so minutes. Melt 3 more tablespoons of butter into mixture. Stir in cooked sausage, cubed bread, sage and thyme. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste (we use at least ¼ teaspoon of salt, but that may be too much or little for others).
- Finish and serve: Place skillet (or other oven-safe dish) in oven and cook uncovered for roughly 5 minutes. Plate and serve.
This was a delicious stuffing. We have it more than just for Thanksgiving.
So happy to hear! Thanks for letting me know!
My keto bread is 0 net carbs, how many net carbs per serving?
Hi, For this stuffing recipe, we used store-bought keto bread that's 2 net carbs per slice. If you use homemade keto bread that's 0 net carbs, then this stuffing recipe would be 3 net carbs per serving. Thanks, Cathy