This easy egg in a mug omelette is full of flavor due to the shredded cheddar cheese, ham and jalapeños. Plus, it's done in a few minutes!
This easy egg in a mug omelet takes just a few minutes in the microwave and is full of flavor due to the shredded cheddar cheese, ham and jalapeños. Plus, the eggs turn out nice and fluffy!
The first time we made this 3-minute microwave omelette with ham and cheese, we were surprised by just how tasty it was. Until then, we didn't think microwaving eggs in a mug sounded appealing. But, we were wrong. Although this microwave omelette may not be as perfect as an omelette prepared in a pan, it's the best way to go when you're short on time or looking for convenience.
To keep preparation to a minimum, we use ham lunch meat (which we chop), grated cheddar cheese and jarred jalapenos. We recommend using a wide cup or small bowl so the eggs cook faster and more effectively.
Making the microwave omelet is easy — simply whisk together eggs and heavy cream in mug or small bowl. Next, stir in the diced ham and sliced jalapeños. Then, heat in the microwave for one minute and 15 seconds. Take out and stir the egg mixture and mix in the grated cheese. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and put back in the microwave to heat for 45 seconds more.
Due to variations in oven wattage the exact cooking time may be slightly different than described here. When done, the egg should look cooked and no longer runny. If the omelet isn't finished cooking, heat in 15-second increments until done.
Egg in a Mug Omelette with Ham & Cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 2 ham slices, chopped
- ½ tablespoon jarred jalapenos diced and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Get started: In a wide mug or small bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream until well combined. Then, stir in diced ham and jalapenos.
- Microwave: Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Take out and stir. Then, mix in cheese and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Finish and serve: Heat for an additional 45 seconds. If eggs are not set, then cook in 15-second increments until done. Let cool for a minute or so as omelet will be very hot.