This easy 3-minute microwave omelet is full of flavor due to the shredded cheese, ham and jalapeños. Plus, the eggs turn out nice and fluffy!
The first time we made this 3-minute microwave omelet with ham, cheese and jalapeño, we were surprised by just how tasty it was. Until then, we didn't think microwaving eggs in a mug sounded appealing. But, we were wrong. Although this microwave omelet may not be as perfect as an omelet prepared in a pan, it's the best way to go when you're short on time or looking for convenience.
To keep preparation to a minimum, we use pre-sliced jarred jalapeños, sliced ham (lunch meat), and grated cheese. We also recommend using a wide cup or small bowl so the egg cooks faster and more effectively.
Making the microwave omelet is easy — simply whisk together eggs and heavy cream in mug or small bowl. Next, stir in the diced ham and sliced jalapeños. Then, heat in the microwave for one minute and 15 seconds. Take out and stir the egg mixture and mix in the grated cheese. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and put back in the microwave to heat for 45 seconds more. Due to variations in oven wattage the exact cooking time may be slightly different than described here. When done, the egg should look cooked and no longer runny. If the omelet isn't finished cooking, heat in 15-second increments until done.
3-Minute Microwave Omelet with Ham, Cheese and Jalapeno
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 2 ham slices diced
- ½ tablespoon jarred jalapenos diced and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Get started: In a wide mug or small bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream until well combined. Then, stir in diced ham and jalapenos.
- 2. Microwave: Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Take out and stir. Then, mix in cheese and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 3. Finish and serve: Heat for an additional 45 seconds. If eggs are not set, then cook in 15-second increments until done. Let cool for a minute or so as omelet will be very hot.
Leave a Comment