A fall keto cheese plate is such a fun and simple way to celebrate autumn. Here is a simple autumn cheese board, which is perfect for cozy movie nights, watching Sunday football, or even a simple Friday dinner (when we do this, we serve with a large salad).
With seasonal cheese plates, you typically select items that are in season. With this autumn cheese plate, we choose radishes and cucumbers as vegetable accompaniments. Cucumbers are more of a summer vegetable but we decided to include them since we love them. Other fall keto veggie options could include bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and celery.
We didn't include any fall fruits since many of them are higher in carbs, but you could still include raspberries or blackberries (we're still picking them around here).
The following is a simple guide to preparing a fall cheese plate. As always, the most important thing is to have fun with it and choose your favorites! Oh, and don't forget to count the carbs!
- Cheese: Most cheese plates include at least two different types of cheeses. You could simply include your favorites or go by a certain theme. For example, you could choose cheeses with different aging processes like Brie (shorter aging time) and English Cheddar (longer aging time). Or, you could choose cheeses from different regions (like France, Spain, etc.). In this plate, we chose cheeses that reminded us of fall -- like blue cheese (we absolutely LOVE the blue cheese from Oregon's Rogue Creamery), aged cheddar cheese (we used Kerrygold), and herbed brie cheese (we used Henri Hutin).
- Meats: Most cheese plates include at least two different types of meat. In this plate, we used pepperoni and prosciutto. In any cheese plate, you can't go wrong with prosciutto. But for autumn, we love the idea of including a spicy sliced meat like pepperoni. Even better, we chose a pepperoni with no nitrates.
- In-season veggies: Thankfully, there are so many yummy keto veggies available in the fall. We chose radishes and cucumbers since we love them. Other autumn veggies include celery, bell peppers, and cauliflower. As mentioned, we didn't include fall fruits since they're higher in carbs.
- Other accents: Accents are so fun! In fact, we have a hard time narrowing them down to just a few. Accents can include crackers (low carb or keto, of course!), nuts, olives, any type of keto dips or spreads, pickles, or fresh herbs. We chose our favorite keto crackers (Carbolicious melba toast and Flackers seed crackers) and baby dill pickles to keep it simple. But you can choose whatever you like. Just be sure to watch the carbs!
- 3 ounces Henri Hutin Brie Couronne with Chives
- 3 ounces Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue Cheese
- 2 ounces Kerrygold Aged Cheddar
- 3 ounces Fiorucci Uncured Pepperoni
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- ½ Cucumber, sliced (6 slices)
- 6 Radishes
- 8 Carbolicious Melba Toast and 8 Sea Salt Flackers
- 6 baby Woodstock Organic Baby Dill Pickles (optional)
Amount Per Serving Calories 565.5Total Fat 46.5gSaturated Fat 23.1gCholesterol 139.9mgSodium 2173.5mgCarbohydrates 8.6gNet Carbohydrates 4.4gFiber 4.2gSugar 0.4gProtein 36.2g