You just need 4 ingredients to make one of the best, fresh-tasting guacamoles. This simple, 4-ingredient guacamole tastes as it should without any fuss!
All you need is 4 ingredients to make a delicious, fresh-tasting guacamole. The flavor is pure and simple and the avocado shines bright.
For the best tasting guacamole, you need to use fresh, high-quality ingredients like ripe avocados, freshly-squeezed lime juice, minced garlic and kosher salt.
Of course, you can always add more ingredients, but you really don't need to. Sometimes, we'll add diced jalapenos for a little kick, but usually nothing more. Other popular add-ins include diced tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
It's so easy to make, too — just 5 minutes to prepare and it's done. It's vegan, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. This tasty dip should please most anyone at gatherings.
Avocados: One serving of this dip includes two ripe Haas avocados. Ripe avocadoes should yield to gentle pressure, but should not be too soft or mushy. They should be darker green or brown in color, but not blackish, which is a sign of an over-ripe avocado.
Lime juice: Freshly-squeezed lime juice is the way to go! We use one and a half tablespoons (1 small lime), but you can add slightly more or less depending on your preference.
Garlic: We love garlic in our guacamole, so we add two minced cloves. We use a garlic press for finely-minced garlic. If you prefer less garlic, simply use one clove.
Salt: We start with ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt. You can add more to taste if you like.
How to Make
STEP 1: Mash avocado flesh with a fork to preferred consistency (chunky, smooth or somewhere in between).
STEP 2: Finely mince garlic (we use a garlic press).
STEP: Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Taste and add more salt or lime juice as needed.
STEP 4: Immediately serve alongside other snack dishes or in recipes.
Ways to Use Guacamole
There are so many ways to enjoy guacamole! Here are several ways to use this healthy dip:
- With low-carb chips. Even if you're on a low-carb or keto diet, you can still enjoy chips and guacamole. Most stores now carry low-carb and keto tortilla chips (Hilo Life or Quest). Or, you could even serve with pork rinds or cheese crisps (Whisps or Parm Crips). See our review of the best low-carb and keto chips.
- On Mexican dishes. No explanation needed here. Some of our favorite dishes are topped with guacamole like our Mexican chicken skillet or beef taco salad.
- With fresh-cut veggies. Guacamole also goes well with fresh-cut veggies. Think of guacamole as a replacement for ranch dip. You can serve with sliced cucumber, bell pepper, celery, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- In wraps or sandwiches. Guacamole is a great substitution for mayonnaise or mustard. We love using in cheese wraps or lettuce wrap sandwiches along with slices deli meat, jalapenos, tomatoes, cheese, etc.
- On burgers or fish. We love serving guacamole on top of burgers or alongside salmon. It's just another way to keep things interesting and fresh.
It really depends on the recipe and ingredients. Typically, guacamole can range from a little over 1 gram of net carbs per ¼ cup and up to 3 or 4 grams of net carbs per ¼ cup.
Guacamole with fresh veggies and/or proteins (like fish, chicken or beans) are some of the healthiest ways to enjoy it. To keep it healthy, you'll want to avoid eating it with any processed foods such as chips, reconstituted meat products (like hot dogs, sausage, etc.), or freezer meals.
The healthiest option would be to serve alongside fresh-cut veggies. However, you could also serve with a healthier, low-carb chip option like cheese crisps (simply made with baked cheese).
You can store homemade guacamole in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Since guacamole can brown over time (even in an airtight container), here are some tips and tricks for keeping it green.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag @lowcarbsimplified on your photo of this recipe on Instagram or Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Easy, 4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- 2 Ripe Hass avocados
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime squeezed)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Mash avocado flesh: In a bowl, mash avocado flesh with a fork to preferred consistency (chunky, smooth or somewhere in between).
- Combine and serve: Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Taste and add more salt or lime juice as needed. Immediately serve alongside other snack dishes or in recipes.