This simple strawberry mascarpone tart has a crunchy pecan crust, a sweet and creamy mascarpone filling, and is topped with fresh strawberries.
This simple strawberry mascarpone tart is one my husband’s favorite low-carb and keto desserts. It's because it has a crunchy pecan crust, a sweet and creamy mascarpone filling, and is topped with fresh strawberries. It's a delicious low-carb and keto summer dessert (or anytime of year for that matter) to make when when strawberries are ripe and in season.
We call this a simple tart since it only has 6 ingredients and is easy to make. The crust, made with pecans, butter, Swerve Sweetener and salt, is simply pulsed in a food processor and pressed into a tart pan. It then bakes in the oven for 10 minutes. While it bakes, you prepare the filing, which is simply done by mixing the mascarpone with Swerve Sweetener. You'll also slice up a cup of strawberries into thin slices. After the crust is done baking and has cooled, then you add the filling and top with the strawberries. Pretty simple!
It's hard to believe how low in carbs it is, too -- just 1.8 net carbs per slice. When you make it, you’ll be so glad you did. In fact, you’ll want to save it, so you can enjoy it throughout the week!
What is Mascarpone?
Mascarpone is a soft, creamy cheese that originated from the Lombardy region of Italy. It's most famous for its use in the Italian dessert tiramisu. Mascarpone is simply made from heavy cream and citric or tartaric acid and tastes similar to ricotta, cream cheese or clotted cream. It's low in carbs (a half cup is just 2 net carbs) and has a high fat content (between 60 and 75 percent).
This yummy low-carb and keto dessert is made with just 6 ingredients: raw pecans, unsalted butter, Swerve Sweetener, salt, mascarpone cheese, and organic strawberries.
Other Low Carb and Keto Dessert Recipes
Here are other low-carb and keto dessert recipes that are made with strawberries!
- Keto Strawberry Crisp: In this low-carb and keto recipe, the strawberries are lightly sweetened and then topped with a crumble made from butter, cinnamon, pecans and almond flour. This fool-proof recipe is easy to make and tastes divine when topped with keto vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars: These low-carb and keto strawberry cheesecake bars have a baked, crunchy pecan crust and a creamy, no-bake cheesecake top with sliced strawberries. They're such a delicious low-carb and keto dessert! These bars may be a more casual dessert, but they sure taste quite decadent!
- Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberries: These keto chocolate covered strawberries are such a refreshing treat. They’re light, fruity, chocolaty, and so quick and easy to prepare. To make, simply melt sugar-free chocolate chips in the microwave, dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, and then put them in the fridge to cool.
- 1 ¼ cups halved pecans, raw
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (granular) for crust, plus 6 tablespoons for mascarpone filling
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 cup (7 ounces) organic strawberries
- Prepare the tart crust: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease tart pan with butter. In a food processor, pulse pecans to a fine grind. Add butter, sweetener and salt and pulse until well combined. Press pecan mixture onto bottom and sides of tart pan until evenly spread. With a fork, generously prick the sides and bottom of crust. Bake until crust is lightly toasted, about 10 minutes or more. Remove from oven and let crust cool to room temperature
- Prepare the tart filling: While crust is cooling, combine mascarpone and 6 tablespoons of Swerve Sweetener. Hull the strawberries and cut them into thin slices.
- Finish the tart: Once crust is cool, spread mascarpone in an even layer over the crust. Arrange strawberries evenly over the top in a decorative pattern. Slice and serve immediately.
- By pricking the crust all over with a fork, you’ll prevent bubbles from forming while baking in oven.
- Store the tart in a covered container in the fridge for up to five days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 321.8Total Fat 34.7gSaturated Fat 15.3gCholesterol 75.7mgSodium 71.7mgCarbohydrates 16.4gNet Carbohydrates 1.8gFiber 2.6gSugar 1.6gSugar Alcohols 12.0gProtein 5.5g