Looking for a delicious new Salmon recipe? We got one for you! This low-carb and keto salmon recipe is packed with flavor and only takes 15 minutes to make
In this recipe, the salmon is pan seared for a yummy, crispy crust and then coated with Italian Salsa Verde (sauce adapted from Alice Waters and found in The Art of Simple Food).
Italian Salsa Verde is a vibrant and savory sauce made with fresh parsley, olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon zest. If you're unsure of whether you'll like the parsley in this sauce, think again! It's critical to this recipe since it brightens and balances the flavors.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 8-ounce, skin-on salmon fillets (or other fish of choice)
- ⅓ cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Zest from half a lemon
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Prepare the salmon: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil on medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add salmon, flesh side down (skin side up). Sear salmon until flesh begins to turn golden brown, roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Remove salmon from pan and place salmon, skin side down, on pan lined with parchment paper. Finish cooking in oven, roughly 6 to 8 minutes, or until thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Prepare the Salsa Verde: In a food processor, slightly pulse parsley, ¼ cup olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon zest until roughly chopped. Season with salt to taste.
- Finish the dish: Plate salmon and spoon Salsa Verde sauce over filets.
- Do not place salmon in pan until oil is shimmering. If pan is not hot enough, the salmon will stick to the pan and it will be difficult to get a good sear.
- Do not crowd salmon filets in pan; they should not touch one another.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 868.9Total Fat 71.5gSaturated Fat 13.0gCholesterol 125.3mgSodium 336.0mgCarbohydrates 1.4gNet Carbohydrates 0.9gFiber 0.5gSugar 0.1gProtein 45.7g