Making dinner couldn’t get any easier than this salmon and asparagus sheet-pan meal, which takes just 20 minutes to make. Not only that, it’s super nutritious since it’s full of protein, omega-3 fatty-acids, fiber, and essential vitamins like A, D and K.
Salmon and asparagus are a perfect pairing in this sheet-pan meal since they turn out tender and taste delicious when the mustard garlic butter melts over the top.
Another bonus? There aren’t that many dishes to clean when you’re done. It’s a win-win recipe!
Salmon and Asparagus Sheet Pan with Mustard Garlic Butter
- 16 ounces salmon fillets or other fish of choice
- 16 thin asparagus spears trimmed
- 1 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Gulden's Spicy Mustard or other mustard depending on preference
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Get started: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmedbaking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast salmon and asparagus: On one side of sheet pan, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Space asparagus so spears are not on top of each other. On other side of pan, place salmon fillets skin side down and season with salt and pepper. Bake for roughly 15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and salmon reads 145 degrees on thermometer.
- Make mustard garlic butter: In a small bowl, mix softened butter, mustard, garlic and basil until thoroughly combined.
- Finish and serve: After removing pan from oven, plate salmon and asparagus. Top each with a teaspoon (or more) of mustard garlic butter and serve immediately.