Strawberry crisp is one of the best summer desserts to make when strawberries are in season and delightfully sweet.
In this low-carb and keto recipe, the strawberries are lightly sweetened and then topped with a crumble made from butter, cinnamon, pecans and almond flour. It bakes in the oven until the strawberries are bubbling and the crumble is golden brown.
This fool-proof recipe is easy to make and tastes divine when topped with keto vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. The prep time is less than 15 minutes and each serving is 5 net carbs.
- 3 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes; plus more for greasing 8x8 inch baking dish
- 20 ounces (about 3 ½ cups) organic strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional; used to thicken strawberry juices and make crisp less runny)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice, squeezed
- 3 tablespoons Swerve granular for strawberry mixture, plus ½ cup Swerve granular for crumble topping
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup halved pecans, raw
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Get started: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Prepare strawberries: Toss strawberries with 3 tablespoons Swerve granular, lemon juice, and xantham gum and spread evenly in baking dish.
- Make crumble topping: In a food processor, pulse butter, ¼ cup Swerve granular, almond flour, pecans, cinnamon and salt until mixture begins to clump together.
- Finish: Crumble the topping over strawberries and bake until crumble is golden brown and crispy and strawberries are bubbling up (about 30 minutes or more). After crisp is removed from oven, let it cool for at least 10 to 15 minutes minutes. This will allow the strawberry mixture to thicken. Serve with low carb or keto whipped cream or ice cream.
The crisp is best when served warm and topped with low-carb or keto whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The crisp keeps in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 179.2Total Fat 16.2gSaturated Fat 3.0gCholesterol 10.3mgSodium 7.8mgCarbohydrates 18.0gNet Carbohydrates 5.0gFiber 3.7gSugar 4.1gSugar Alcohols 9.3gProtein 3.5g