Keto granola cereal is ideal for busy mornings since you simply add low-carb milk and you're done! We eat this regularly at our house because it’s delicious, healthy, and also quite filling. I mean, what is not to love about it: it's crunchy, nutty, and a little sweet and salty!
You’ll be surprised how quick and easy it is to make. We recommend making a large batch of it on the weekend, so you have enough for the week.
It’s more than a cereal too. You can use it as a take-and-go snack or as a topping on chia seed pudding or even low-carb ice cream. Yum!
Low Carb, Keto Granola Cereal
- 1 cup halved pecans raw
- 1 cup slivered almonds raw
- ½ cup sunflower seeds raw
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Swerve Granular
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Get started: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the granola: In a food processor, slightly pulse pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes until nuts are broken down in size and there are no large pieces (some are fine). In a small bowl, melt the butter in a microwave. Add Swerve Sweetener and cinnamon to melted butter and mix until dissolved. In a large bowl, mix the granola mixture with sweetened butter until well combined. Use hands if needed. Add salt to taste.
- Bake: Spread the granola mixture over parchment paper. Push down granola to create a uniform thickness of roughly ¼ inch (no more than ½ inch). Place pan in oven and cook for roughly 15 minutes or until granola is slightly golden in color. Do not stir granola while in oven.
- Finish and store: After removing from oven, let granola cool to room
temperature on pan. After granola has cooled, break apart into chucks and store in an airtight container.
- To serve: Simply add almond milk (or other low-carb milk) and other toppings of choice, such as fresh berries or unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Use raw nuts and seeds that are NOT roasted or salted.
- You may swap coconut oil for butter if desired.
- If you prefer sweeter granola, simply add another tablespoon
of Swerve Sweetener and butter when mixing ingredients together.
- After removing granola from oven, do not break apart until
granola has completely cooled. If you break apart while still warm, it will
result in crumbly granola.
- Keep granola in an airtight container in your pantry for up to two weeks.