Here's a low-carb and keto hard-boiled egg recipe you're sure to enjoy! That's because it's made with guacamole, crispy bacon and shredded cheese for a bit of Mexican flair.
This tasty low-carb and keto breakfast recipe comes together fast when you use refrigerated or store-bought hard-boiled eggs. For best results, we recommend using high-quality or homemade guacamole. We also microwave the bacon to make this a quick weekday breakfast. However, you may fry the bacon in a pan if you prefer.
You can easily tailor the recipe to your liking by adding jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, or whatever you like. Provecho!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Scant ½ cup guacamole
- 4 bacon slices, uncooked
- ⅛ cup cotija cheese, grated (or other cheese of choice)
- Prepare eggs: Either purchase or make hard-boiled eggs (see instructions for making). Slice two of the eggs in half and discard their yolks (this recipe only calls for two egg yolks; you may use all four yolks if you wish). Chop eggs into smaller, bite-size chunks. In a bowl, gently combine eggs with guacamole until eggs are fully covered.
- Prepare the bacon: Put uncooked bacon between several paper towel sheets and place on a microwavable plate. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until crispy. Chop bacon into smaller, bite-size pieces and sprinkle on top of egg mixture.
- Finish and serve: Finish by topping with freshly grated cheese, such as Cotija or other cheese of choice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 300.3Total Fat 22.0gSaturated Fat 7.2gCholesterol 207.0mgSodium 785.3mgCarbohydrates 5.9gNet Carbohydrates 3.8gFiber 2.1gSugar 1.7gProtein 19.0g