This simple low-carb and keto hard-boiled egg recipe has a tasty Mexican flair since it's made with guacamole, crispy bacon, and cheese.
Here's a low-carb and keto hard-boiled egg recipe you're sure to enjoy! That's because it's made with guacamole, crispy bacon and shredded cheese for a bit of Mexican flair.
This tasty low-carb and keto breakfast recipe comes together fast when you use refrigerated or store-bought hard-boiled eggs. For best results, we recommend using high-quality or homemade guacamole. We also microwave the bacon to make this a quick weekday breakfast. However, you may fry the bacon in a pan if you prefer.
You can easily tailor the recipe to your liking by adding jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, or whatever you like. Provecho!
Hard-boiled Eggs with Guacamole and Bacon
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- ½ cup (scant) guacamole
- 4 bacon slices
- ⅛ cup cotija cheese grated (or other cheese of choice)
- Prepare eggs: Either purchase or make hard-boiled eggs. Slice two eggs in half and discard their yolks (this recipe only calls for two egg yolks; you may use all four yolks if you wish). Chop eggs into smaller, bite-size chunks. In a bowl, gently combine eggs with guacamole until eggs are fully covered.
- Prepare the bacon: Put uncooked bacon between several paper towel sheets and place on a microwavable plate. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until crispy. Chop bacon into smaller, bite-size pieces and sprinkle on top of egg mixture.
- Finish and serve: Finish by topping with freshly grated cheese, such as Cotija or other cheese of choice.