In this showstopping BBQ side dish, grilled zucchini and bell pepper are topped with a light vinaigrette, crumbled feta and almonds.
This grilled zucchini and red pepper salad, inspired by Bon Appetit’s Grilled Summer Squash and Red Onion with Feta, is the ultimate grilled vegetable recipe.
It’s because the zucchini and red pepper are beautifully charred, then marinated in a light vinaigrette and tossed with crumbled feta and toasted slivered almonds. We gobble this salad up every time we make it!
It takes 15 minutes to prepare and less than 10 minutes to grill. One serving is 5 net carbs. It’s a perfect low-carb side dish!
Grilled Zucchini and Peppers with Feta and Almonds
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and center seed core sliced off (see notes for more information on slicing)
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 4-6 large pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 ounces crumbled feta
- ⅛ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Grill the veggies: Heat the grill to medium high heat. After slicing zucchini, season with salt to draw out water. Let sit for 10 minutes and then blot dry with a paper towel. Arrange veggies on grilling grate. Grill for roughly 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until veggies become charred and grill marks appear.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper (lightly season).
- Finish the salad: After veggies finish grilling, cut into bite-size pieces. In medium salad bowl, add the veggies, vinaigrette, crumbled feta and slivered almonds. Gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.