These chicken souvlaki skewers burst with Greek flavor since they're marinated in olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary and lemon juice. They're also our favorite grilled chicken recipe.
Making the chicken souvlaki is quick and easy. Depending on how much time you have, you can marinate the chicken shortly before grilling (we recommend marinating for at least 20 minutes) or as early as the night before. Once on the grill, the skewers cook in less than 10 minutes.
There are several ways to serve the chicken souvlaki -- alongside store-bought tzatziki, or in low-carb pitas with tomatoes, onions and feta (and tzatziki too!), or with a Greek salad.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 wooden skewers
- Marinate the chicken: Season chicken chunks with salt and pepper. In a large resealable bag or medium-size bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, rosemary and chicken chunks. Toss to coat chicken, and seal bag or cover bowl, and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Prepare grill and skewers: While chicken is marinating, soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes. Heat grill on medium-high. After chicken is done marinating, thread chicken onto skewers, leaving a little bit of space between each chunk.
- Grill: Place skewers on grill and cook, turning once, for roughly 8 to 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Finish and serve: Remove skewers from grill and let chicken rest for a few minutes. Serve alongside store-bought tzatziki or in low-carb pitas (along with tomatoes, onions, feta and tzatziki).
Amount Per Serving Calories 368.1Total Fat 18.9gSaturated Fat 3.5gCholesterol 157.2mgSodium 80.1mgCarbohydrates 2.6gNet Carbohydrates 2.0gFiber 0.6gSugar 0.3gProtein 46.3g