Crispy, grilled asparagus is absolutely delightful when served over this creamy ricotta and feta spread. A perfect BBQ side dish!
Take your grilled asparagus to the next level by serving with a savory ricotta and feta spread! Charred asparagus is a perfect complement to this creamy spread, which is made from a combination of ricotta and feta cheese, olive oil, garlic, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s a wonderful BBQ side dish since it’s deliciously satisfying, simple to make, and low in carbs.
The ricotta and feta spread can also be paired with roasted asparagus or other roasted veggies — such as broccoli rabe, cauliflower or bell peppers. You can even use it as a dip with raw veggies. There are many ways to play around with it!
Grilled Asparagus with Ricotta and Feta
- 8 ounces asparagus, rinsed and tougher bottom-ends removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for cheese spread
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for asparagus
- salt to season
- 3 ounces ricotta
- 1 ½ ounces feta
- 1 small garlic minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- Grill the asparagus: Heat grill to high heat. Toss asparagus with ½ tablespoon olive oil and generously season with salt. Arrange asparagus on grilling grate. Grill, turning occasionally, for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, or until veggies become charred.
- Make the ricotta and feta spread: In a food processor, pulse ricotta, feta, garlic, and olive oil until thoroughly combined.
- Finish the dish: On a large plate, spread an even layer (roughly ¼ inch or more) of the ricotta and feta spread. Arrange grilled asparagus on top of spread. Squeeze juice from half a lemon over the top of asparagus and ricotta and feta spread. Serve immediately