Take your grilled asparagus to the next level by serving over a savory ricotta and feta spread! The charred asparagus is a perfect complement to the creamy spread, which is made from a combination of ricotta and feta cheese, olive oil, garlic, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s a wonderful side dish since it’s deliciously satisfying, simple to make, and low in carbs.
The ricotta and feta spread can also be paired with roasted asparagus or other roasted veggies – such as broccoli rabe, cauliflower or bell peppers. You can even use it as a dip with raw veggies. There are many ways to play around with it!
- 8 ounces asparagus, rinsed and tougher bottom-ends removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil for cheese spread, plus a half tablespoon for asparagus
- Salt to season
- 3 ounces ricotta
- 1.5 ounces feta
- 1 small garlic, minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- Grill the asparagus: Heat grill to high heat. Toss asparagus with ½ tablespoon olive oil and generously season with salt. Arrange asparagus on grilling grate. Grill, turning occasionally, for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, or until veggies become charred.
- Make the ricotta and feta spread: In a food processor, pulse ricotta, feta, garlic, and olive oil until thoroughly combined.
- Finish the dish: On a large plate, spread an even layer (roughly ¼ inch or more) of the ricotta and feta spread. Arrange grilled asparagus on top of spread. Squeeze juice from half a lemon over the top of asparagus and ricotta and feta spread. Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 172.2Total Fat 13.7gSaturated Fat 13.7gCholesterol 25.4mgSodium 193.4mgCarbohydrates 5.4gNet Carbohydrates 3.8gFiber 1.6gSugar 2.2gProtein 7.3g