With this keto curry chicken salad, you'll be sure to use any leftover rotisserie chicken for this simple, make-and-go lunch.
It's the combination of flavors and textures that make this keto curry chicken salad so addicting. The ingredients for this gently-spiced salad include tender rotisserie chicken, crunchy, slivered almonds, chopped celery, and a creamy dressing made with mayonnaise, curry powder, lime juice, a little Swerve sweetener, and salt and pepper. We love topping it with a few pinches of cayenne pepper for a little kick. Of course, cayenne is optional, but it sure enhances the flavor.
We make this salad anytime we have left-over rotisserie chicken. Or, sometimes we buy rotisserie chicken just to make this salad!
When using store-bought rotisserie chicken, this recipe comes together in 10 minutes or less. This salad is easy to make since the dressing is only 5 ingredients and there is minimal chopping.
It's a great make-ahead lunch or dinner since it can be stored in the the fridge in a covered container for up to 3 days. Each serving of this keto curry chicken salad is just 1.5 grams of net carbs.
A few notes on key ingredients:
- Rotisserie chicken: We recommend buying a rotisserie chicken that is organic, free-range, and free of hormone. Also, check the ingredients to be sure that no sugar is added and only simple seasonings are used. We prefer to shred the chicken into smaller pieces (as opposed to larger chunks).
- Toasted, slivered almonds: In our taste tests, we found that toasted, slivered almonds had more crunch than sliced almonds, which is important in this recipe. However, you can use toasted, sliced almonds if preferred. You can buy toasted, slivered almonds at Trader Joe's.
- Mayonnaise: We typically purchase Hellmann's or Sir Kensington's mayonnaise for taste. But you can use another brand if you like.
- Curry powder: We use 1 ½ teaspoons of curry powder for a somewhat light flavor. If you prefer it more spicy, you can add 2 teaspoons.
- Powdered erythritol: We add Swerve Confectioners Sweetener to the dressing just to make it a tad sweet. However, you may skip if you like.
How To Make
STEP 1: Shred or chop 1 ½ cups of rotisserie chicken into small chunks.
STEP 2: Chop ¼ cup of celery.
STEP 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, lime juice, powdered erythritol, and salt and pepper.
Step 4: In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, slivered almonds, and chopped celery. Toss to combine. Pour dressing over chicken and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator an hour before serving. Top with a pinch or two of cayenne pepper and additional slivered almonds as desired.
Curry powder is a blend of spices which typically include turmeric, chili powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground ginger and pepper. In this salad, the curry powder adds a warm, spiced flavor. Due to the amount, it is not spicy in terms of heat. For a little heat, we add a few pinches of cayenne pepper before serving.
The carbs in curry powder are rather low. Each teaspoon is only 1.2 grams of net carbs.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag @lowcarbsimplified on your photo of this recipe on Instagram or Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Keto Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 ½ cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered, toasted almonds
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (we use Hellmann's)
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Swerve Confectioners or other powdered erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt and ground pepper
- 2 pinches ground cayenne (optional)
- Chop: Shredded or cut 1 ½ cups of rotisserie into small chunks. Chop ¼ cup of celery.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, lime juice, powdered erythritol, and salt and pepper.
- Finish salad: In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, slivered almonds, and chopped celery. Toss to combine. Pour dressing over chicken and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator before serving. Top with a pinch or two of cayenne pepper and additional slivered almonds as desired.