Jalapeno cheese chips and chipotle chili guacamole is one perfect afternoon or game day snack! They're even great for movie night. I mean, how could you not love cheesy, crispy chips with guacamole that has some kick to it?! Not only that, both are low in carbs, so you don't need to hold back when eating.
The guacamole takes just 5 minutes to make and the chips take a little less than 15 minutes to make (10 of those minutes are baking -- and while the chips bake you can make the guacamole). The total number of ingredients for the both the cheese chips and the guacamole is just 7 ingredients -- and, yes, both are easy to make.
Keto Jalapeno Cheese Chips
If you love cheese and chips, then you'll love these crispy cheese chips with virtually no carbs! These chips are made with just two ingredients: shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos. If you don't like jalapenos, then you can leave them out. But, they sure do add to the flavor
These low-carb and keto chips are simple to make. On a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, you'll add a tablespoon of your favorite shredded cheese (we use Mexican shredded cheese) to make a cheese circle that is a few inches wide. Next, you'll add half of a sliced jalapeno to each cheese round and pop into an oven heated to 375 degrees for 10 minutes. When they're done, they'll be nice and golden in color. After removing from oven, let them cool for several minutes until no longer warm and they've turned crispy.
Easy Chipotle Chili Guacamole
Even though this guacamole has only five ingredients, it packs a ton of flavor. That's because the chipotle chilis in adobo sauce serve as a flavor bomb by injecting a delicious spicy-smoky flavor into the guacamole.
The ingredients in this quick and easy guacamole are simply avocados, chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, minced garlic, lime juice and salt. Even better, it only takes 5 minutes or less to make.
Here we serve the guacamole with cheese chips, but you could also serve with pork rinds, most Mexican dishes, or whatever you like!
- 2 Hass avocados
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, finely chopped (if you prefer it spicier, add half tablespoon of adobo sauce)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced (should be roughly 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of juice)
- Salt to taste (I start with ¼ teaspoon and add more to taste if need be)
- Prepare avocados: Cut avocados in half, lengthwise. Remove and discard pits. With a spoon, remove avocado flesh and put in a bowl. Mash avocados with a spoon or fork until it turns into a chunky consistency.
- Combine ingredients and serve: Stir in chipotle peppers (finely chopped; add chipotle sauce for more heat if desired), minced garlic, and lime juice. Season with salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 126.7Total Fat 11.1gSaturated Fat 1.6gCholesterol 0.0mgSodium 186.0mgCarbohydrates 7.8gNet Carbohydrates 2.5gFiber 5.3gSugar 0.9gProtein 1.5g
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese (or other shredded cheese of choice)
- 8 slices of jalapeno, halved
- Get started: Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make cheese rounds: On parchment paper, add a tablespoon of shredded cheese and spread into a circle that is a few inches wide. Continue process until you've completed 16 cheese rounds (be sure to leave enough space between cheese rounds so they don't melt together). Top each round with a halved jalapeno slice.
- Bake and serve: Bake for about 10 minutes (or less) or until golden in color. Remove and let cool for several minutes until cool and crispy.
Serving Size4 chips
Amount Per Serving Calories 110.7Total Fat 8.0gSaturated Fat 5.0gCholesterol 25.0mgSodium 220.7mgCarbohydrates 1.1gNet Carbohydrates 1.0gFiber 0.1gSugar 0.0gProtein 6.0g