Fun for gatherings or a romantic dinner, this easy keto chocolate fondue tastes like the real deal and can be made in less than 5 minutes!
You likely wouldn't guess this chocolate fondue is sugar-free and keto-friendly since it takes like regular chocolate fondue.
It's such a fun and easy keto dessert that's perfect for gatherings or for a romantic dinner. It tastes divine with strawberries, nuts and other low-carb treats, but you can also include treats for guests who don't follow a low-carb lifestyle (such as rice krispie treats, pretzels and vanilla wafers). That way, there's a little something for everyone.
And, no, you don't have to own a fondue pot to make this. Of course, it's nice for keeping the fondue warm, but you can always warm it up in the microwave if need be.
This keto chocolate fondue is made with just 4 ingredients: Lily's sugar-free chocolate chips, heavy cream, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. To make, simply heat all the ingredients in the microwave for a few minutes and then stir to a smooth consistency. Or, you can heat the ingredients over the stove in a double boiler — whatever works best for you
The hardest part of this dessert is deciding what to dip in the fondue. Of course, the most popular option is strawberries, but there are so many more options to consider (see more dipping ideas further below)!
Just 4 ingredients for this simple recipe!
- Lily's semi-sweet or milk chocolate baking chips: You can use either semi-sweet or milk chocolate baking chips. Semi-sweet creates a deeper, dark chocolate-like flavor and milk chocolate creates a lighter, chocolaty flavor. We prefer the fondue with semi-sweet chips, but it's up to you.
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream creates a smooth and creamy fondue!
- Vanilla extract: We use just a little extract to enhance the flavor.
- Salt: Don't forget to add a pinch of kosher or sea salt!
- Fondue dipping treats: You can use a variety of low-carb treats for dipping into the fondue. Strawberries are a must (in our opinion), but blackberries and raspberries are good options, too. You can also include nuts or other low-carb sweet treats. More ideas are below.
How to Make
STEP 1: Combine the sugar-free chocolate chips, heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and stir well. Heat for an additional 30 seconds as needed.
STEP 2: Serve in a heated fondue pot or regular serving bowl. Serve with whole strawberries and/or other low-carb berries, nuts and other low-carb treats. Reheat in microwave as needed (if not using a fondue pot)
Low-Carb Dipping Options
Fruits: Low-carb fruits include strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. We love the idea of alternating these fruits onto a skewer for dipping.
Sweets: You can use store-bought keto cookies (like HighKey Cookies), keto cake, or keto marshmallows. Homemade low-carb or keto treats work as well.
Nuts: We love macadamia nuts, but you could also consider almonds, hazelnuts and pecans. All are low in carbs and keto-friendly.
Preparing in Advance
You can make this keto chocolate fondue a day in advance. Simply make the fondue according to the recipe instructions and let cool at room temperature. Then, place in the fridge in a covered container until you're ready to serve. When ready, simply heat it in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until warm and smooth.
Just be sure to have all your dipping options, like rinsed strawberries and blackberries or homemade treats, ready to go!
No, you don't have to use a fondue pot for this recipe, but it does help to keep the chocolate warm and creates a certain vibe. If you don't have any sort of fondue pot, you could simply serve in a bowl and as it begins to cool and/or stiffen, then stir and reheat in 30-second increments in the microwave until warm and smooth.
Obviously all chocolate fondues vary in carbs, but The Melting Pot reports that one serving of its Milk Chocolate Fondue contains 32 grams of net carbs.
Yes, you can swap in other flavors of Lily's baking chips into this recipe. So far, we've tried semi-sweet (our favorite), milk chocolate (2nd favorite) and dark chocolate.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag @lowcarbsimplified on your photo of this recipe on Instagram or Facebook. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Easy Keto Chocolate Fondue
- 4 ounces Lily's semi-sweet baking chips or Lily's milk chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Make fondue: Combine the sugar-free chocolate chips, heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and stir well. Heat for an additional 30 seconds as needed.
- Serve: Serve in a heated fondue pot or regular serving bowl. Serve with whole strawberries and/or other low-carb berries, nuts and other low-carb treats. Reheat in microwave as needed (if not using a fondue pot)
Leave a Comment