This low-carb and keto creamy harissa shrimp over riced cauliflower is another weeknight delight that takes 10 minutes to make and is deliciously spicy!
We love this dinner since there is minimal preparation (just mincing garlic) and you can make the dish as spicy as you want. And when you buy riced cauliflower at the store, this recipe is a breeze to make.
If you’re not familiar with harissa, it’s a spicy North African red chili paste made from a variety of herbs and spices like roasted red peppers, garlic paste, cumin, coriander and olive oil. Harissa is an ideal pantry staple since it’s full of flavor and can be used to spice meats (be sure to try this yummy harissa chicken), fish and vegetables. You can also add it to soups, tagines or stews to kick up the heat and depth of flavor.
To make this creamy harissa shrimp, you'll briefly sauté minced garlic in olive oil and then add the shrimp and harissa. You’ll continue to cook and stir together for a few minutes until the shrimp turns opaque. Next, you'll add the heavy cream and let simmer for a few minutes — it’s that simple. But, before you cook the shrimp, we recommend microwaving the riced cauliflower, so it’s done in time for the shrimp.
Of course, you can add any veggies you’d like to the dish. For example, you could add bell peppers, onions, or even spinach. Just don't forget to count up the carbs.
One serving of the creamy harissa shrimp over riced cauliflower is just 5.6 net carbs. Enjoy!
10-Minute, Creamy Harissa Shrimp Over Riced Cauliflower
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined, and tail-on
- 1 cup riced cauliflower ½ cup per plate
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon harissa add ½ to 1 teaspoon more for increased heat/spice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Prepare shrimp: Defrost shrimp if frozen. Heat riced cauliflower according to bag instructions. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté minced garlic with a tablespoon of the olive oil. As soon as it becomes fragrant (about 30 seconds), add shrimp and harissa. Cook shrimp for roughly 2 to 3 minutes per side until opaque.
- Finish and serve: After shrimp turns opaque, stir in heavy cream and let simmer on low heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat. Ladle shrimp with cream sauce over ½ cup riced cauliflower (one serving).
Leave a Comment